Traveling Using Federally Funded Grants
Please see information below PRIOR to booking airfare or processing a request to travel when federal funds will be used to fund the travel.
- If traveling internationally using federal funds you must comply with the Fly America Act.
- You must comply with Uniform Guidance requirements by supplying a written justification when submitting your travel request (TREQ/TA). Each justification MUST be transaction specific. In other words, no 'blanket' justification to cover any travel. Examples of the type of information you would provide are:
- If traveling for research, specify the type of research being conducted and how it relates to the grant
- If attending a conference, why is the conference beneficial to the award of the grant, and what topics are going to be discussed
- If collaborating with other researchers, who are these researchers and how does this collaboration relate to the award and funding of the grant