The Travel Office serves the campus and facilitates travel for faculty, staff, students, and guests of the University of Arkansas by proficiently processing travel payments, offering training and tools to administrators and travelers alike, and providing interpretation and guidance regarding State of Arkansas Travel Regulations and University processes and procedures.
- Need help processing travel in Workday? Check out the Travel Survival Guide!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Policy
University-sanctioned and coordinated domestic travel for students, faculty and staff is allowed while following all U of A policies and safety guidelines before, during and after travel.
No longer will a Spend Authorization be required for any in-state travel, UNLESS it is a requirement by your department.
Any international travel will need to go through Study Abroad. Spend Authorizations WILL ALWAYS BE REQUIRED for all International Travel.
A Spend Authorization for out-of-state domestic travel is strongly encouraged in order
to commit the funds, and in some departments, may be required.
- COVID-19 Campus Guidance Section 10: Travel
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Guidelines
Last updated 7/8/2021
Academic Policy 1835.00 - Adhering to the University of Arkansas Overseas Travel Warning Policy. It is the responsibility of staff, faculty and sponsoring unit (e.g. department, institute, center, etc.) to comply with and enforce the international travel warning policy. All faculty, staff, and students traveling outside of the United States on a U of A related activity are required to register their travel before they initiate a request for travel authorization. Click here for additional information.
1. Traveler or Proxy submits International Travel Registration here: https://studyabroad.uark.edu/international-travel/index.php
2. If 1835.00 policy is triggered, the traveler prepares 3 documents to formally Petition for Exception to the International Travel Policy:
a. Petition For Exception - Must be signed off by Department Chair or equivalent, Dean or equivalent, and traveler. If Division of Agriculture employee, it must also be signed off by Division Associate VP.
b. Justification – During COVID-19 times, refer to the COVID-19 Travel section to address the four bullet points listed in the justification.
c. Waiver – International travelers must be prepared to sign a release & waiver
3. Email all 3 Petition for Exception documents to email@example.com, which will be routed to IEAC Council for recommendation to Dean of Graduate School & International Education, who will make a final recommendation to the Provost. The Provost makes the final decision.
Information for Travelers & Administrative Staff
- GENERAL UNIVERSITY RELATED UPDATES ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- TRAVEL NEWS - Find out the latest Training Schedules and Office Hours Information
- Travel Survival Guide - Includes many QRGs for processing Travel
- Travel Policy
- Things to know when using Federally Funded Grants for Travel
- Direct Deposit Information
- Things to Know when Traveling for the University of Arkansas
- How to Guide for Employees Filing their own Expense Report
- Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Travel
- Mileage Log Worksheet
- Federal Per Diem Rates
Travel Office Staff
The Travel Office strives to provide the highest level of customer service to the campus community. The best way to communicate with the Travel Team so you can receive prompt responses is to email firstname.lastname@example.org. All members of the Travel Services team monitor the email@example.com email as well as personal emails and respond to phone calls throughout the day. We ask that you send all items to the departmental email allowing us to address each item as it comes in to help us work more efficiently to serve your needs. The Travel Office has been moved to Uptown West Campus (across from Panera Bread).
Kim Gilbert Manager of Travel Services
Carol Wade Administrator of Travel Reimbursements and Contract Services
Elizabeth Miller Administrator of Travel Credit Card Services
Elena Degago Travel Analyst
Dorothy Landerito Travel Support Specialist